Associate – Vietnam/Singapore – Fulltime
Qualgro is a Singapore-based VC firm investing at Series A & B, in B2B businesses in Data & SaaS, across Southeast Asia and Australia/NZ. Our multi-cultural team has diverse entrepreneur, business, investment and consulting experience.
Qualgro is seeking an Associate to join our team, to help analyse start-ups opportunities and contribute to our operations. Vietnamese-speaking candidates are preferred (based in Vietnam or Singapore). Reporting to Qualgro’s Senior team, the role will focus on assisting Managers on networking efforts across the tech ecosystem and on conducting analyses related to various areas: markets, financials, technology etc.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Sourcing efforts – support on network/contacts and sourcing pipeline; fine-tuning pipeline analytics; networking and screening activities.
- Assisting on due diligence – building financial models and market analyses; conducting interviews; developing analyses and summaries for review by the Partners and Managers.
- Other activities – ad-hoc research; ad-hoc analyses on portfolio companies.
- Team contribution – helping to grow our capabilities and contributing to our highly-positive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Vietnamese-speaking candidates preferred as a good portion of the role would be focused on Vietnam. Also ability to operate and add value in Singapore and other countries is a plus.
- Honours Degree in Business Administration (Finance) or Accounting. Ideally some internship experience at an investment company (PE, VC, investment bank) or consulting firm. Preferably, some entrepreneur / startup experience. 0-2 years of prior working experience.
- Highly skilled in – Analytics, financial modelling, communication and interpersonal interactions, business assessment, qualitative judgement, team work and follow-through / execution.
- Established record as an intellectually curious ‘self-starter’ with an interest in continuous improvement.
- Real passion for VC, technology and business building.
- An entrepreneur and leader mindset, able to take initiative and risk. High ambition for high-quality achievements.
- Professional and personal maturity with unquestionable integrity.
- Location: Singapore/Vietnam
- Start date: Immediate